SARS-CoV Spike Antibody
SARS Spike Antibody: A novel coronavirus has recently been identified as the causative agent of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome). Coronaviruses are a major cause of upper respiratory diseases in humans. The genomes of these viruses are positive-stranded RNA approximately 27-31kb in length. SARS infection can be mediated by the binding of the viral spike protein, a glycosylated 139 kDa protein and the major surface antigen of the virus, to the angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) on target cells. This binding can be blocked by a soluble form of ACE2.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- SARS-CoV Spike antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV2 Spike protein: (identity 65%, homology 88%)
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV Spike antibody (3223) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the center of SARS-CoV Spike glycoprotein.
- The immunogen is located within amino acids 550-600 of SARS-CoV Spike.
- Tested Applications: E
- Applications: SARS-CoV Spike antibody can be used for the detection of SARS-CoV Spike protein in ELISA. It will detect 2 ng of free peptide at 1 μ
- Specificity: N/A
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: SARS-CoV Spike has one isoform (1255aa).
- Purification: SARS-CoV Spike Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV Spike Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: S
- Accession #: P59594
- Protein GI #: 30173397
- NCBI gene ID#: 1489668
- NCBI official full name: Spike glycoprotein
- NCBI organism: SARS coronavirus
- SWISSPROT #: P59594
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.