SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S Antibody (Gamma Variant)
In January of 2021 a new lineage of SARS-CoV-2, known as P.1 and named as Gamma variant, was discovered in Japan and later spread in Brazil. It is considered as VOC (variant of concern). This variant carries 10 mutations in spike protein, including N501Y, E484K and K417T in RBD, which can increase the affinity to the human ACE2 receptor. Enhanced transmission of the Gamma variant (P.1 lineage) was observed globally, which is 3.5 times more contagious as the original one. The Gamma variant affects the effectiveness of COVID19 vaccine and is resistant to neutralization to some extent due to the immune escape E484K mutation.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
- SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S antibody can be stored at 4˚
- C for three months and -20˚
- C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- Research area: Infectious Disease, COVID-19
- Host species: Rabbit
- Species reactivity: Virus
- Homology: Predicted reactivity based on immunogen sequence: SARS-CoV Spike proteins: (36.4%)
- Immunogen: Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S (Gamma Variant) antibody (9573) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 11 amino acids near the amino terminus of SARS-CoV-2 Gamma variant (P.1) Spike protein.
- The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of SARS-CoV-2 Gamma variant (P.1) Spike protein.
- Tested Applications: E, WB
- Applications: WB: 1 μ
- Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. Anti-SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S (Gamma Variant) antibody specifically detects SARS-CoV-2 Gamma Variant (P.1) Spike S1 protein, but not SARS-CoV-2 WT and other variant Spike S1 protein by ELISA. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- Specificity: It can only detect SARS-CoV-2 Gamma Variant (P.1) Spike S1 protein and does not cross-react with the spike protein of other variants.
- Positive control 1: N/A
- Positive control 2: N/A
- Positive control 3: N/A
- Positive control 4: N/A
- Positive control 5: N/A
- Positive control 6: N/A
- Predicted molecular weight: N/A
- MW explanation: N/A
- Validation: N/A
- Isoforms: N/A
- Purification: SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S (Gamma Variant) antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Clone: N/A
- Isotype: IgG
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Physical state: Liquid
- Buffer: SARS-CoV-2 Spike P26S antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- Concentration: 1 mg/mL
- NCBI official symbol: S
- Accession #: QHD43416
- Protein GI #: 1791269090
- NCBI gene ID#: 43740568
- NCBI official full name: surface glycoprotein
- NCBI organism: Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2
- SWISSPROT #: P0DTC2
Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.