ELISA kit for Rat Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase (nNOS/NOS1)
Quantitative sandwich ELISA for measuring Rat Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase (nNOS/NOS1) in samples from cell culture supernatants, serum, whole blood, plasma and other biological fluids.
- Nitric oxide (NO) is a messenger molecule with diverse functions throughout the body. In the brain and peripheral nervous system, NO displays many properties of a neurotransmitter
- it is implicated in neurotoxicity associated with stroke and neurodegenerative diseases, neural regulation of smooth muscle, including peristalsis, and penile erection. NO is also responsible for endothelium-derived relaxing factor activity regulating blood pressure. NO mediates tumoricidal and bactericidal actions, as indicated by the fact that inhibitors of NO synthase (NOS) block these effects. Neuronal NOS and macrophage NOS are distinct isoforms.Both the neuronal and the macrophage forms are unusual among oxidative enzymes in requiring several electron donors: FAD, flavin mononucleotide (FMN), NADPH, and tetrahydrobiopterin.
All of the components are shipped on ice packs/blue ice. Upon receiving the kit keep it at +4 degrees Celsius for up to 1 year (refer to the label on the box for the exact expiration date).
- Reactivity: Rat
- Sample types: serum, whole blood, plasma and other biological fluids
- Detection range: Please inquire
- Sensitivity: Please inquire Quantitative Sandwich ELISA
- Method of detection: Colorimetric
This kit is intended for research use only. It should not be used for human or animal clinical diagnostics or treatment.
Elabscience Biotech, E-CL-H0537